Monday, August 07, 2006

Closer

I saw the movie Closer this weekend. Starring Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. This movie is very R-rated and I personally wouldn't watch it again. It's about infidelity. There were huge time gaps in the film. For example, you'd see one scene, then the next scene would be 1 year later. Left out a lot of parts, so much left for us to figure out on our own. There were some really humourous parts, but dark humour.

I wonder, is this how messed up people really are? All the film did for me was reaffirm that men are scum. Some women, too. But mostly men. Spoiler Alert! A man (Jude Law) had an affair with a married woman (Julia Roberts). Well, finally Julia's character gets her husband to sign the divorce papers, but only after sleeping with him one more time. Jude Law's character finds out she slept with her husband to get the divorce papers signed, and this drives him absolutely mad. How incredibly messed up is that? So hypocritical the characters were. In the end, Julia gets back with her husband.

One thing I was confused about was Natalie Portman's character. She uses an alias while living in London. But when Clive Owen's character asks her what her real name is (in a strip club), she tells him. Yet, she never told her boyfriend (Jude Law).

I really didn't see a point to this movie. The only "point" I could see was that people are messed up. What else? We know that already. I think pervish people will thoroughly enjoy this movie. Non-pervish people can enjoy it as well, to see how pervish and stupid people can be! I wonder how realistic this movie is. Is this how people who have affairs really behave? Well, I hope I never find that out for myself!

I'd rate this movie a 2.5 out of 5.

4 Comments:

Blogger Itsfarsh said...

Try to see "Crash" i think you will like it..

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Farsh! Thank you for stopping by. I've seen "Crash." Great movie! I think I shall write a review on it :D There was one thing I didn't like, but you will see that in my review...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved "closer"!! But then I am me. I would recommend "fatal attraction" and "plan 9 from outer space"

Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jaas said...

i give it a 3 and it gets a 4.2 on the haram scale... LOL

Sunday, September 17, 2006 3:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home