Monday, August 07, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Definitely a must see! A great sequal to *The Curse of the Black Pearl* !!

As expected, Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp gave a stellar performance. Especially Johnny Depp. The way he walks, talks, his facial expressions, everything is just great!

The movie was incredibly funny with many great action scenes. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I can't wait until the next movie is released.

The ending leaves you hanging, wanting to know what will happen next. But although it's "incomplete," you will still feel there was some closure in this sequal. The plot moves along very nicely and you are left satiated just enough at the end, but still thirsty for more.

Spoiler Alert!

I was a bit shocked at the end when William Turner (Orlando Bloom) decided to help bring back Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), even after Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) had kissed him! I guess we'll have to wait and see why. William Turner deserves better than that (i.e., me)!!

I absolutely loved when William Turner and other crew members of the Black Pearl were stuck in those hanging cages and were swinging back and forth, and also the scene when William Turner, Jack Sparrow and the other guy whose name I can't remember were all fighting for the key. That was great.

Definitely 5 out of 5 stars!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed said...

I did like this movie, but not quite as much as the first. The first 30mins or so seemed a bit muddled. The dialog overall seemed a bit unclear at times. And the movie as a whole can't stand on its own. Its really a 2.5hr filler/setup for the 3rd movie.

That said, I did find the special effects to be great. It was really funny at times. The swordfighting scene on the wheel (3rd guy was commander norrington) was awesome. And yeah, I want to watch the movie again b/c I think I would enjoy it more the 2nd time.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Well, yes, it's the 2nd movie, so of course it was a set-up for the 3rd. But I still felt it had a story and I still felt a bit satisfied at the end. But I do agree, that it cannot stand on its own. Of course not!

But I wouldn't mind seeing it again. It was quite enjoyable. And yes, also agree about the dialogue, at times.

Thank you for stopping by! :) Hope you will return, hehe

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

Well as a 2nd movie sure you can set-up for the 3rd but there is no reason it can't stand on its own as well.

If you look at each movie in the:
Back to the Future
Star Wars
Godfather
Die Hard
Indinna Jones
etc trilogies they were all able to full stories in their own right.

As a setup it worked well though, I want more pirates! hehe :)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I haven't seen the Godfather movies *hijabi* I know, I know... It's on my list!! InshAllah when I am all alone in Indiana, I will sit down and deveote an entire day to The Godfather trilogy!

I also haven't seen any Star Wars movies...

Thanks for commenting! Do come back soon :D You are the only one who comments here lol, so it's nice to have someone to reply to! *blush*

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

hehe, well actually I've only seen Godfather 1&2, still need to see #3 but ppl say its not as good.

Yeah star wars is good too, go watch!

I can't say too much though, lots of movies I haven't seen yet...I had to avoid your spoiler for crash....

Yep, I'll be back regularly. I like following blogs that actually update. And yours is interesting enough to read as well :)

And yeah i have the same problem with lack of commenters. Well actually, most ppl msg me and talk to me directly about my blogs. But its nice to have comments right there too. I think it encourages others to comment. I don't know.

k, i'll stop rambling before my comment is longer than your post :P

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'd be happy to read a comment longer than my post! lol

And yes, I am an avid blogger, so do check out WaWa's World now and then too if you want :P Also, I just started this blog, so everyday I am adding a review or two of movies I've seen in the past.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched it but the print was not much good. It was a translation in Hindi. I wanna watch it in DVD with English not HINDI! LOL @ Mr. Turner deserves better i.e. YOU :p.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:20:00 AM  
Blogger Ya_Baqiyatullah said...

Salaams

I havent watched it yet :(

I think i will watch it on Eid since my Eid is gonna be all alone in Scotland :(

But yea I have spent a whole day watching Lord of the Ring trilogy and Star wars :)

Its wonderful you should try it Zulj

Wsalaams

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home