Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Boondock Saints (1999)

This has got to be one of the coolest movies I have ever seen--The Boondock Saints, directed by Troy Duffy! It's about these two Irish twins who take the law into their own hands.

The following is the MacManus Family Prayer, which they recite before killing someone:

And shepherds we shall be, For thee, my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritu Sancti.
The following is a quote from towards the end of the movie, which is one of my favourite parts:

Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim; it is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood 'til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal - these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil - we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it, and we will send you to whatever god you wish.... And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, so that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritu Sancti.
I seriously don't want to spoil the plot for anyone, but just the way it's set up is so great and different from other movies. The acting is great, and there are lots of funny parts! Especially the conversation about the rope between Connor and Murphy!

Gotta thank CI for recommending this movie (it's his all time favourite). For anyone who loved the movie "V for Vendetta," you'll definitely love The Boondock Saints without a doubt. It's definitely one of my favourite movies now. I rate it a 5 out of 5 stars (despite the one unnecessary scene!).

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that *one* scene was TOTALLY necessary!

And I TOLD you that you'd LOVE that movie. It seriously changed my life. I am so glad you enjoyed it!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

Hmm...I really liked V for Vendetta so...I'll add this to my queue.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

And still nothing on Grey? Or Smallville now for that matter?

I don't know if you watch my other shows, Survivor and OC (though OC hasn't started yet).

Lost is next week right?

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ahmed,
Ok, I'll definitely do those today! I've been meaning to, and yeah, I watch Smallville too!! :D

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!

Monday, October 09, 2006 1:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boondock Saints - i've watched that like dozens of times and it never grows old - 'tis and AWESOME movie. The Usual Suspects...now there's another cool movie.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

so who are you JL?

I've seen The Usual Suspects, yup, a cool movie!

Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boondock saints have the sexiest irish twins ever..i kno there not really twins..but DAMN..and the movie never gets old wit me at all..

Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home