Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Fountain (2006)

The synopsis can be found here: The Fountain. It was visually the most beautiful movie I've seen. As stated in the synopsis, this movie takes place in 3 time periods: 16th century Spain, present day, and in the future 26th century. The same character is trying to find the Tree of Life (the fountain) and understand the meaning of life and death, while trying to save his wife from death. The Mayans believed that "Death is the road to awe." The Mayans were also believed to have the most accurate calendar! While watching the movie, I couldn't help but think about Islam, and the belief that death is not the end of it all, but also the beginning of a new life. This movie will make one think a lot about life and death. I really enjoyed this movie! And the best part, I think, was the soundtrack, which I bought. I absolutely loved the music and it went so well with the beautiful images in the movie. The three time periods are so well intertwined together. But reading the synposis will greatly help, and I would recommend one reads it before watching the movie, otherwise you might be a tad bit confused. I rate the movie a 5 out of 5! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home